Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tic Tac Toe

Anita asked me to try to code Tic Tac Toe.

I found a solution on the Scratch website: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/joefarebrother/1734397

Here is my version:

I created a sprite with 3 costumes:

When the green flag is clicked, set the costume to costume 1
I used a variable turn to determine if a naught or a cross will appear when the sprite is clicked.
To compare whether you have three in a row, I also created a variable 11 for the sprite in  column 1 row 1 and set the value to 11.  When the sprite is clicked I will change this value to X or O

The code for when the sprite is clicked, looks as follows:

The if statement is very long to compare all possible rows of three (8 combinations). 

Duplicate the sprite 8 times and change the code only where the variable 11 is set to X or O

My project is uploaded at: 


No comments:

Post a Comment